Friday, August 23, 2013

Simple Polka-dot Elephant Bento


I made a really simple Bento today to take to my boyfriend's. I was rushing and didn't have anything prepared so it's definitely not the best it could be. I would have organized it a lot better and also used something else instead of processed cheese.

In my bento:

A spinach salad with red onion, boiled eggs and red and green bell pepper.


Red and green grapes with a hello kitty and a mouse food pick.

Sliced strawberries and cheese hearts with a hello kitty food pick.

Underneath the strawberries: salad dressing made with extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon and balsamic vinegar.



I made the elephant with an oval cookie cutter and I cut the bottom flat. I used half of a little heart cutter to make the shape between the trunk and legs, and a large straw for between the legs. I also used a large straw to make the strawberry polka-dots and the mini cheese polka-dots are made with a small straw.



I'm not sure how much I like this bento, and I'm not overly proud of it because there's not a lot to it, but much better and cuter bentos are to come!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment